The IGAD Secretariat, in collaboration with its Member States and Development Partners, is organising the 2nd IGAD Water Forum to take place in Entebbe, Uganda from 5th to 7th October 2021. Due to prevailing COVID-19 protocols the Forum will blend between face-to-face and virtual online event.
The theme of this year’s Forum is: Groundwater for resilience. It will be discussed under four sub-themes namely:
- Groundwater for Peace and Stability;
- Groundwater for Climate Change and Drought Resilience;
- Groundwater for Socio-economic Development;
- Innovation in groundwater financing and Technological Development; and,
- Capacity Building in Groundwater.
- Deadline for receiving abstracts: 15 June 2021.
- Deadline for Registering to attend the event: 15 Sept 2021.