Cap-Net, together with several partners (including IGRAC), have announced a new online course on groundwater resources management. This course takes 15 hours over 5 weeks and is free of charge. Applications are open until Tuesday 11th of April 2022.
The objective of this online course is to assist participants to have a comprehensive overview of the multiple factors that impact upon groundwater. Those who successfully complete the course will have an awareness of the importance of groundwater and the need to preserve it, and be equipped with the basic knowledge to engage in the management of national and transboundary groundwater resources.
The learning goals of the course are to:
- Raise awareness about groundwater policy regulation and the need to improve practices;
- Build capacity for comprehensive knowledge on aquifers’ characteristics;
- Understand basic of groundwater processes and their interactions with urbanization, agricultural & industrial activities, and land use in the African context;
- Generate awareness on transboundary aquifer management.
Selection criteria and dates
The application form will open on Tuesday, 22nd March and close on Tuesday, 11th April. In total, 250 participants will be selected. The selection criteria include:
- Priority to women with a target of 30% female participants;
- Emphasis on youth (under 35) and mid-career professionals (36-55);
- 150 out of the target 250 are to be based in Africa, and nationals of African member states;
- Priority to government staff.
Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday, 22nd April. The course will start on Friday, 29th April and end on Monday, 29th August, 2022.
You can apply here!