On the 1st of July 2023, IGRAC will launch the Groundwater Correspondents Network, a new volunteer programme to give a global platform for local stories. In this volunteer programme, IGRAC will team up with groundwater enthusiasts who have local stories that deserve to have a global audience. The groundwater correspondents can either be people that already work with groundwater and who would like to learn more about storytelling or journalists who would like to learn more about groundwater and how to report on it. IGRAC will organize yearly webinars and offer personal guidance for their correspondents to train them in both sides of the spectrum.
The ultimate ambition would be to eventually grow the network to have a correspondent in each country, but we will start in 2023 with 5-10 correspondents for different countries. Will you be one of those pioneers? Apply by: 31 May 2023.
Who are you?
- Groundwater expert
- Currently working with groundwater
- Good knowledge of relevant groundwater issues in your country or region
- Eager to learn more about storytelling
- Working as a (freelance) journalist
- Eager to learn more about groundwater and how to report on it
IGRAC especially encourages female, indigenous and early career candidates to apply
What's in there for you?
Participation in the Groundwater Correspondents Network is on a voluntary basis, but is not for nothing. In return for you participation, you will receive assistance in text and video editing as well as the creation of infographics. Everything needed to make your story even more compelling. In addition, you will receive the following:
- Storytelling webinar
- Yearly groundwater basics webinar
- A global platform for your stories
- Certificate of participation
- Access to GeoStories tool
- Chance to win the Groundwater Story of the Year award
What we expect from you?
If selected, we would ask your commitment for at least one year and maximum two years (after 2 years, we would like to give the opportunity to a new correspondent from the same country). This commitment would entail writing at least one story per year to be included in the stories section of IGRAC’s website. These stories can be written, on video, or a combination of both.
How to apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com. In your motivation letter, please identify two stories from your region that you would like to tell if you would be selected.
- Application deadline: 31 May 2023
- Interviews: Early June 2023
- Final selection: 22 June 2023
- Start programme: 1 July 2023